Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan is fine!
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 13:00:23 +0200

From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 1999 12:00

> I can only say that my Nikon Super Coolscan LS-2000 worked
> right out of the box and ever since...

Grrr...

> It is not because one has bad luck with a given
> camera/lens/equipment that suddenly half of a manufacturer's
> output has become faulty.

Those are the numbers I've heard for the scanners.  They have delicate
mechanisms that fail often.  If you get a good one, great, but if you get a bad
one, prepare for a long series of trips to and from the service center.

> And in any case, while I have NEVER had any problem with
> Nikon equipment (of any kind) over the past 15 years or so ...

Same here--except for the scanners.

> ... the same cannot be said of my
> Leica equipment that I only have since 2 years...

Uh-oh... what problems have you had with your Leica equipment?

  -- Anthony