Subject: Critique my [Leica] photos online
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 00:44:29 -0600

To those of you who already sent feedback on my website, thank you!

I did receive a critical message from a LUGer who felt my photos failed
to tell a meaningful story: I thought about it some, wasn't quite sure
what he meant, and wrote back asking for some details, maybe even an
example image and a rundown of what he reads into it: I'm hoping for a
very interesting dialog indeed. I'm not fool enough to think I can
please everyone (trust me, I sleep soundly at night), but hearing things
from a different perspective can be a revelation.

I've made no attempt to interpret the photos in any way. Not to be
cryptic, but it does reflect my own idiosyncracies: When in museums and
art galleries, I'll wander about looking at various works, trying to
find ones which say something to me. Maybe later, I'll read the placard
beside it, but not right away-that seems to me like reading the Cliff
Notes before reading the novel, and I don't want to know how it ends!

Jeff

The photos in question are at:
http://www.boulder.net/~4season