Subject: [Leica] Leica Sports Finder Value Indeed $1,500 [Scotch & Bud.]
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:15:19 EDT

  The Leitz finder eBay item #173385422 that was bought by a well known
  Italian Leica collector (Nembo-Kid) for $1,525 is supposedly an extremely
  rare (R9) SOODL finder that even Leica expert Jim Lager doubts was ever
  commercially produced (prototype???).

  An interesting note to the conclusion of the auction is that 5 of the 8
bidders
  are dealers of rare Leica and the other 3 are well know collectors.

  A van Gogh might not have any appeal to the average LUGnut but wealthy
  individuals as well as museums have paid many millions for one to just hang
  on their walls.  I understand that even some of us have paid over $100 for a
  bottle of 16 year old straight malt scotch while others are satisfied with
"Bud".

  Mary (de Milo)