Subject: [Leica] Earliest Summaron 3.5cm for M3 nicht M2
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:29:55 EDT

   The early E39 35/3.5 Summaron "M" lenses were produced for the M3,
   which had no built-in frameline for 35mm & thus had to be used with an
   auxiliary finder. This was amended with the introduction of the M2 (1957)
   and in addition the 35mm Summaron was produced with eyes for the M3
   & the cam ground to bring in the proper frame-line on the M2 & later Ms.

   Mary G.