Subject: Re: [Leica] leave your darn Nikons at home!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:20:57 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
><Snip>
> > Down the line you're just going to have to get a Summicron
> > as well and find out what Leica is all about.
>
> If I were independently wealthy, I'd do that right now.  But unfortunately I
> have budget constraints.

Sell those darn Nikons and get yourself a complete Leica M system. It could be
seen as pretty obnoxious having the Nikons as the ultimate point of reference
for our Leica's. A compleatly adverse frame of mind. Plenty of us have them put
you don't see us holding them up as the ultimate point of comparision. Do you
ever leave them at home? Go forbid a real picture taking opportunity might come
along and you'd be stuck with only your creaky M6. You're not doing the Leica
system justice or this list justice in my opinion my holding these Nikons over
our heads many or most of us have no interest in them. I do I don't. If you
really aren't going to give your Leica's a shot just sell them to someone who
really wants to use them and get something you trust. More plastic-elephant
Nikons. Why do you have your M6? Is it fulfilling a need? What are your Nikons
not doing for you that your Leicas will?.
Mark Rabiner