Subject: [Leica] More on Ted's book
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:32:14 -0700

The recent comments about Ted's book prompted me to go back yet again to the
copy my wife bought me for my birthday last winter.

I have discovered that this book rewards repeated study more than any other
that I own.  Just when I think I've understood an image, I look at it again
and see something entirely different, and invariably more profound.  To me,
this book seems to be only superficially about "photography" - rather it's
about piecing the veil of the casual glance, about truly understanding the
significance of what you're seeing.  The high technical quality of the work
allows you to ignore purely photographic issues, and slide right through
into the ideas and the insights.  This is the hallmark of truly great work
in any field.

Hell of a piece of work, Ted.

Paul Chefurka