Subject: Re: [Leica] Heiland
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 11:49:35 -0500

At 05:09 PM 10/7/99 +0200, Erwin Puts wrote:
>You misread the info, Eric. The splitgrade has a sensor with which to
>measure any or all parts of the projected negative. The Splitgrade then
>computes just the maximum density range and links this to the paper garde.
>The module is continuous variable, I posted a long story about the
>Splitgrade some weeks ago.

I did not misread your info. I just disagree that a machine that can
pinpoint maximum white and black is going to give me an expressive print.
Maybe that isn't the intent of most users.

And I thought you said 1/10 stop increments, but if it's continuous, that's
great. For getting in the ballpark, this thing probably is great for less
experienced photographers/printers, but for making creative prints, it's a
$1,000 contraption I don't need to add to the cost of a V35. That money
will make me a lot of test prints.

>My goodness! I must me dreaming. Five emails to the Lug on one day. Sorry
>guys/girls, this will never happen agian.

Better you than most of us. ;-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.