Subject: Re: [Leica] Adams's Saigon Execution
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 22:14:48 -0500

At 07:17 PM 10/5/99 -0400, Nicholas Ragovis wrote:
>So, there may well be a film of the execution, if you trust the obituary
>they have up for the Saigon National Police Commander, Nguyen Ngoc Loan

Yes, there is film of it. We were just talking about it last week or so.
And there's film of a lot of things that there are stills of. Does it seem
so strange that still and motion photographers tended to photograph the
same things at major news events? No doubt about it. The problem is that
some people seem to think only one photographer at a time can shoot the
same thing.

I recently saw the photos Eddie Adams took, and remember the film. They are
totally different.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Photographs that transcend but do not deny their literal situation appeal
to me. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"