Subject: Re: [Leica] Focotars (was Focomat IC)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:41:14 -0500

At 10:26 AM 10/5/99 -0700, Henning J. Wulff wrote:
>Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant there was a fall-off in performance
>(resolution, contrast).

Well, if there is in the 40 Focotar, it's theoretical and not significant
in practice. I used that lens and was amazed at what it could do wide open,
let alone at f/5.6. If the Focotar II is better, it's a slight difference.
And it certainly isn't worth giving up the 16x20 capability of the V35 with
the 40.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.