Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Focomat 1C Question (was: Has the LUG a future?)
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:15:34 -0400

>he flat surface of the condenser faces downward.  First, remove the top part
>of the enlarger that has the light bulb, place the spring in the lower part
>of the lighthouse and there is only one place it will fit, then slip the
>condenser through the spring and press down a little and turn the condenser
>so the "ears" line up with the slots in the enlarger and turn it so it is
>held down by the bayonet "ears."
>
>Be very careful with the condenser since the flat part actually contacts the
>negative and blemishes will be seen in the print.
>
>If you do not have a Focomat Ic manual, let me know and I will make a copy
>for you.
>
>donj43198@aol.com

Thanks for the info. I do have a manual.

I'm afraid the upper, bayonet part of my condenser is missing. There is
nothing at the top of the condensor tube to engage the "ears" of the
bayonet in the lamp housing.  I will check it out again this evening.
Maybe I'm missing something.

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD