Subject: Re: [Leica] User question: focus tab on 50
From: "Carl Socolow" <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 22:13:30 -0400

- -----Original Message-----
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>;
leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: October 04, 1999 11:44 AM

Eric wrote:

>Why not call the people who would do that? Or email them. Sherry Krauter
>might be able to do it. I love the focus tab on my 35 Summilux ASPH. I
>would like one on the 50mm lens I eventually will buy. I would also like a
>new version, so this is a topic I would be interested in. Of course, we
>could hope if they ever come out with a 50 Summilux ASPH, that it will have
>the tab. :-)
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO

Eric et al,

I had queried Sherry about this very thing, installing a focusing tab on a
50mm Summicron or Summilux. She in effect replied (and I paraphrase) that if
Leica had intended for there to be a tab on these lenses they would have put
one there. She felt it inappropriate to deface the lens with an aftermarket
modification. This is not to say that I wouldn't like one myself.

Carl Socolow