Subject: RE: [Leica] Focotars (was Focomat IC)
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:47:32 -0700

I too have been upgrading my enlarging lenses.... The Focotars seem not too
available locally.  So I have a 90 Schneider Apo Componon HM for my Hassy
stuff, and a 120 WA Rodagon for the 4x5.  The 35 MM category is a bit
tough.. I have a requisite 50 Nikkor 2.8, but my 35 printing is negligible.

What interests me is your comment about the 105 El Nikkor...... I have one,
in fact they are common... but your comment about covering only 35 is a bit
puzzling...... are you speaking about the 105 APO El-Nikkor?   That covers
6x6, ro so I have been told.  It is the rare bird..... and priced, used,
more than what you saw in the 70's

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

One lens I've wanted to try was the 105/5.6 El Nikkor that covered only 35.
Apparently it defined the pinnacle of enlarger lens performance in the
70's.