Subject: Re: [Leica] Book Review: The Leica Lens Book
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 15:02:05 GMT

I am amazed by the amount of times Brian Bower can rehash the same old crap
into another book!  Many of the shots in the Lens Book are re-prints of
shots in the R and M books.  Others are merely different angles of the same
subject!  What could be next?  "The Complete Leica Book", in which all the
pages of the three others are combined into one?

The information on the specific lenses is pathetic!  You would think he
would at least give each lens a paragraph or two regarding specific
performances, and some shots from each would also be nice. Instead each lens
is called "excellent", "superb" or whatever other adjective he can come up
with.

Bower is making a living trading on the Leica name, and he should be ashamed
by the content of these shallow books.  Leica should be more careful about
who they assist also, as I am sure much of the information and lens diagrams
came from the company.

Dan States
Chicago Illinois