Subject: Re: [Leica] has the lug a future?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 08:58:15 +0200

Alexander,

I would like to have the details on this LeicaR list, but I would like even
more if you guys used the LUG so that everyone here benefitted from the
knowledge and dialogue that presumably takes place there. Keep in mind that
only a small minority of LUG members engage in personal name-calling etc.
The rest either lurk or chime in only when they have something to say about
Leica or photography. By taking your traffic off the LUG, you are depriving
this silent majority of a source of knowledge. In addition, you are
depriving the world of potential R converts. I can use myself as an example.
I was an M-only user until I started seeing messages on the LUG about some R
lenses that I became interested in, then saw some LUGgers' web pages with
images taken with those lenses, and then I knew I had to have a Leicaflex
and the 400mm Telyt. If Doug Herr et al. were posting their messages
somewhere else I would not have seen them and would most likely not be a
Leica SLR user now.

Nathan

Alexander wrote:

> I am waiting to hear from the LUG's owner about a proposition I made to
> him.
> For example, I use a tremendous amount of leica R gear.
> I have been in and out of the LUG many times over the years because it
> focuses more on the M's.
> If anyone is intereted, please contact me directly so i can give you the
> direction and information on the newly designed LeicaR mailing List.
> I can not directly post a link here until I have an ok from the list's
> admin.
> One must be polite wherever one is.
>
> --
> Warm Regards,