Subject: Re: [Leica] Americans. Now: baby killers
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:53:20 -0700

Peter,

I live and practice in California. If you think that you can judge the legal
system by the O.J. Simpson case, you're sadly mistaken. I've seen many
defendants locked up for first time robbery offenses and even for much less.

If you really belive that you get off for your first robbery I again wish
you'd explain it to me. There are a number of judges I practice in front of
that I'd like to pass it on to. This week I had a judge tell a 14-year-old
client, who had committed his first robbery, that no one in his court room
was going to commit a crime of violence and not get locked up. The kid would
probably like to know your secret too.

Bryan