Subject: [Leica] A story of the US and Canada. Off Topic :-)
From: Bryant <tbryant@wizard.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:17:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Luggers,

   Once upon a time, there was a town on the Canadian - US border.  It was a
time of economic strife, and the price of a beer had climbed to the unspeakable
price of $1.00 a pint.

   To compound the madness, the Canadians claimed that their dollar was worth
$1.10 American.  Not to be outdone, the Americans claimed that *their* dollar
was worth $1.10 Canadian.

   Enter a cowboy.  In town for a rollicking Friday night.  He steps into a
saloon on the American side of the border, orders a beer, and pays for it with
a US dollar.  He's given a Canadian dollar in change.  He throws himself
around the beer, exits the Saloon, and wanders across the border, where he
finds a snug little pub wherein he orders another beer, and pays for it with
the Canadian dollar.  He's given a US dollar in change.  Down goes the beer,
and out goes the cowboy.

  He repeats this process until he is well lubricated, and then staggers on
home, still with a dollar in his pocket.

    The Moral:  Visit a border town on you next vacation!

    The Question:  Who paid for the beer?

How wonderful that we have met with a paradox.
Now we have some hope of making progress.

                -- Niels Bohr