Subject: Re: [Leica] Loupes
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:25:20 +0300

> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:45:27 -0400
> From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Loupe help
>
>     I presently shoot 35mm (Leica obviously) and 4 x 5.  I own a
> Rodenstock  4x loupe and a Kenko 9x (BIG mistake).  What I need help
> on is replacing my  Kenko.   Do I need to go to a 6x, 7x, 8x or 9x to
> do some fine examinations  of my 35mm.  I  am very happy with the
> Rodenstock 4x because it is crystal  clear and covers the entire 35mm
> format.  However, I want another loupe that  will cover a larger area
> AND have more magnifiction. Is this possible?

A camera store guy (yes... you know the sort), once told me that there
exists a Nikon 20x which will cover an entire 6x6 negative. He said it
was big and expensive: 300 Brit-Pounds. I haven't seen it listed
anywhere, so either it's something discontinued, or it's just another
one of the camera-related urban legends.