Subject: Re: [Leica] Not "LEICA M6" but "M6"
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:16:49 -0200

At 10:02 PM 30/09/99 +0200, you wrote:

>My M6 is n#17424..  i think it  is from 1988, but the particularity is  :
>not "LEICA M6"engraved on the front
>but only "M6".
>I never saw it before.
>Can somebody, tell me more about my M6 ?

I have one of these also. Mine is 1741XXX

There was no reason given for this other then minor cosmetic change that
someone thought was a "good idea at the time."

Obviously, not everyone thought so and it was changed back  when the next
batch were made.

Enjoy having a somewhat unique one and make up a good story about it :^)

cheers,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
http://www.straylight.ca/locke
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm