Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris Rain
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:25:02 +0200

From: <Ruralmopics@aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 15:57

> Ask any newspaper photographer. Weather shots are routine.

When you are being paid to take photos for a newspaper, yes, they are.

> Leicas are supposed to be pro quality, aren't they?

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean "rainproof."  I don't get the impression
that the camera has been designed to withstand rain.

Rumor has it that the F5 and AF-S lenses can withstand rain, and they look
reasonably well sealed, but I still don't risk them, either.

> Besides, at least the M cameras don't have all the electronics
> that usually cause you the problems in the rain ...

True, but electronics start working again if you let them dry out before you use
them, whereas mechanical parts simply corrode and rust.

  -- Anthony