Subject: RE: [Leica] OFF TOPIC, "Americans"
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:26:15 -0400

At 12:10 PM 9/30/1999 -0400, Lee, Jonathan wrote:
>Which is the main reason why we had to sack Washington
>and burn the White House back in 1812.

The British are under the strange misapprehension that the assault on
Washington (successful) and that on Baltimore (unsuccessful) were their
operations.  They have some reason on their side:  I don't recall any
Canadian military units in the British OB, and the entire command was
British, and the operation was directed by London.

In any event, it took place in 1814, not '12.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!