Subject: Re: [Leica] Trinol amateur test
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:26:16 -0400

At 04:26 PM 9/29/1999 -0400, Simon Stevens wrote:
>Since the Cross
>of St. Andrew is still part of the Union Flag, Scotland is still part of
>Britain. The bit south of the border is called England, but both form
>part of the entity commonly referred to as Gt.Britain, even after the
>recent constitutional modifications.

"Great" Britain is not "Britain".  Britain is an older name for England.
"Great" Britain includes Wales and Scotland.  But, Britain is the old Roman
province of Britannia, which excluded Scotland.  The bloody Sassanachs came
later and polluted the place, and, among their other thieveries, renamed
the bottom part of the island England.  But, England = Britain.  "Great"
Britain is another thing, entirely, the invention of the rapacious pols who
forced my people to leave the UK for the colonies with their rather
patently fradulent "Act of Union".

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!