Subject: RE: [Leica] New LTM Lenses
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 06:50:31 -0700

They have been made specifically for the Japanese 'retro' market which is
It seems that Lemon Camera Co. arranged for this consignment to be made

Talk about instant rarities!!!  This is a bit silly:  To support a camera
body mount that is 70 or so years old, and has been discontinued for 50
years, and supports your competition, and supports cameras that you will not
repair any more, specifically marketed to an economy that is in the tank,
and has no commemorative connection,  etc, etc, etc,  you actually specially
make a small handful of lenses, whose collector value far exceeds their
intrinsic value,........

What am I missing here????  Are we going to see a M6 TTL HM / LTM next?

Having gotten that off my chest, I was the one that suggested the R lenses
and remounting them for Nikon.....
Hmmmmmm... maybe they have something here......but a limited quantity?
Nope, instant rarities.  Pure and simple.   You lucky Japanese
collectors....

Frank