Subject: [none]
From: Aubin <aubin@aa.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 21:56:21 -0700

Greetings all:

Funny you should post this, because it strikes a resonant chord with me.
I figure I'm about 10 years from retirement, and I have hope that at that
time I can turn semi-pro.  What I'd like to do is open a photo gallery where
I can try to sell my own art, but also offer a venue for (other) aspiring
photog's to display their own work.

I'd love to have a place where I can do some commercial and portrait
work, display my landscape work, and offer periodic shows of other
up and coming photog's.  Frankly, if it pays its own way, and keeps the
tax man off my back, I'd be happy.

I'll have to take some business courses, just to keep solvent, but if it
keeps me out of the bars, and out at the Nat'l parks, life will be good!

And yes, a lot of my work will be Leica work, although I admit I do love
my 4x5 for slow contemplative ART (all capital letters).

Now if the lottery comes in . . . .

how did that go:
Q:  How do you make a small fortune in photography?
A:   First, start with a large fortune . . . .

regards,
Norm

From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Zone blues

I worked at camera stores for about four years in the early 80s (O.J. Photo
Supply & St. Louis Photo Supply in St. Louis and Wagner Photo in Columbia --
two of which are now closed and one is a shadow of its former self). In those
days camera stores were marvelous places with drawers full of quirky old
hardware and sales people who really knew what they were talking about.