Subject: Re: [Leica] Scala impressions
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:04:51 +0200

Bonjour Jean-Claude,

Having just looked at the slides again with a 10x loupe, I conclude that
the grain lies somewhere between Delta 100 and Delta 400 (closer to the
100). Sharpness is good, but this is a bit more difficult to judge as all
the shots are hand-held. I really should do som tripod-mounted statue shots
to test this more rigorously. The main attraction will be projection and
scanning. My next experiment will be to expose a roll at 400 and another
roll at 800 to see how these results compare with the fast negative films.

On a side note, processing Scala here in Brussels is quite reasonable--350
BEF or a bit more than $9 for a 36-exposure roll, mounted. And it takes 3
hours.

Nathan

Jean-Claude Berger wrote:

> Hello Nathan,
>
> How does sharpness and grain compare to 100 and 400 ISO negative films?
>
> --
> Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
> Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)
> Lyon, France
> http://www.jcberger.com
>
> > I just looked at my first Agfa Scala slides (shot at 200) on the
> > lighttable
> > --
> > Nathan Wajsman
> > Overijse, Belgium