Subject: Re: [Leica] Need a Moderated List (long response)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:01:45 -0700 (PDT)

> I have yet to find a way of filtering the nonsense
> out of the Digests prior to downloading each 76 KB
> instalment.

Oh yes... with adequate sophistication, a scripting language (PERL,
AppleScript, whatever makes you happy) could be used to un-digestify and
then filter, then reassemble the edited digest. Even note the appropriate
omissions.

Once upon a time when working as a software development engineer, I wrote
many such things with ease. Nowadays, I do business development and have
thoughtfully locked up my engineering brain cells for the duration -- so
don't ask me... ;)

Godfrey