Subject: RE: [Leica] Zone blues
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:01:41 -0500

At 11:16 AM 9/29/99 +0200, Jean-Claude Berger wrote:
>Maybe you are right. But keep in mind that here local photo shops are slowly
>dying.

It's the same here, with people walking into camera stores to handle the
hardware, then they go home and order it from B+H and Camera World of
Oregon. And we wonder why there are so many amateurs who don't know squat
about photography. It's likely because there are so few stores that can
afford to keep real photographers (note: not pro. but real which includes
knowledgeable amateurs) on their staffs. Service economy indeed.

Maybe there should be a new chain of stores, teaching people how to make
pictures and rent darkrooms to them?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

In my photography, color and composition are inseparable. I see in color.
- -William Albert Allard, "The Photographic Essay"