Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB in Truffaut's "Antoine & Colette"
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 02:43:32 -0700

> > Last night saw most of "Antoine & Colette", the night before "Stolen Kisses".
> > The Truffaut group of films just got released here on video, tomorrow "400
> > blows" So France is the subject of interest in our house as of late!.

The famous five film Truffaut series has been released on video and I saw the
4th in the series called Antoine & Colette.
As the titles were rolling over in the beginning I saw a familiar name HCB (I
won't try to spell it out now.)
At the end of the beautiful film abruptly there is a series of a minute or two
of unmistakable stills by you know you and the film is over. The last shot is
his famous one of the mans face with the big white mustache up against a wall
side view.
It was amazing seeing HCB in this context (his work). Has this been mentioned
before? We are watching the rest of the series all week. Terrific!
I said to my wife: "Those were all taken with a Leica!" Nudge Nudge!!!
Mark Rabiner