Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 + 21mm close focus question?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:51:39 -0700

At 11:08 AM -0600 9/28/99, Tim Atherton wrote:
>This question was posted on another list - any answers?
>
>I will pass on answers, or you can e mail Dave direct at:
>davekaren@WEBTV.NET
>
>Tim A

The 21SA can be set to a closer distance than the rangefinder on _any_
Leica is set up for. With a 21 accurate focus is not a big deal, and if you
stop the lens down a bit, even less of an issue. A basically symmetrical 21
like the SA performs quite well closeup, so why limit it to just what the
rangefinder is good for? I don't see where Leitz made a mistake.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com