Subject: Re: [Leica] Which one is the Leica?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:45:16 +0200

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 23:59

> I am suggesting that given what you have expressed about
> your frustrations getting the M6 to meter correctly, your
> desire not to fiddle with the camera too much before
> taking a picture, and your desire to view images on the
> screen, that the M may not be the best camera for you.

If I intended to give up that easily, I would not have made the investment in a
Leica.

The exposure problems will pass; things have improved a great deal already.

The "not fiddling" with the camera is relative.  There are only three
adjustments to make for each photo, and in some cases all three can be made in
advance (with practice), so they aren't a problem except for certain situations
in which constantly changing conditions and a need for great speed exist
simultaneously.  And I view images on a screen, but I scan them at much higher
resolution in case I need it, and the higher resolution is only possible with
film right now.  Not only that, but lenses for film cameras are vastly superior
to those for consumer digital cameras, and film cameras are much more ergonomic
as well.

  -- Anthony