Subject: [Leica] Scala impressions
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:59:27 +0100

I just looked at my first Agfa Scala slides (shot at 200) on the
lighttable. First, the exposure is right on in most cases, and the film
is nice and sharp. The roll was shot with the Leicaflex SL and the 50mm
Summicron and 180mm Elmarit lenses. It was really neat to look at slides
in B&W. However, one thing that I was surprised about was the low
contrast, almost to the point of being flat. Which may turn out to be a
benefit once I scan them, but from the point of view of projection it is
not so pleasing. Is this a common experience, and does pushing the film
to 400 improve things in that regard?

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman