Subject: [Leica] Thank You All
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:51:02 EDT

LUGGERS

I would like to express my thanks to all of you for your contributions to
this list. I first discovered this list about 8 months ago and would read the
digest occasionally. My interest in photography, and my forgotten Leica's
were both rejuvenated a bit, but -- no time. Suddenly I was blessed with
time. I suffered a stroke while traveling on business, in Chicago. When I
returned home to my laptop your digests were waiting. Suddenly, in reading of
your adventures, I discovered again what had so fascinated me about
photography 30 years before. I looked at Tina's pictures of Honduras, Ted's
of Doctors,(boy did that hit close to home).I posted on occasion and made
some new E friends.

Marc Small's fascinating history lessons returned me to my youth, working for
my father in a large photography store in Ohio. Walt's Texas Tirades
sometimes made me laugh but mostly made me think. Eric's ubiquitous posts --
before and after his hiatus -- reminded me of the photographers I waited on
25 years ago, their trials in doing what, to everyone but the subject, and
their peers, is an almost invisible job.

The friendly banter, of you all helped me a lot through this tough time in my
life. I will always be grateful that you let me eavesdrop on your
conversations.

I am going to take some time off until this Anthony thing blows over. It's
clear he's not going away. I'll come back when the list is back to normal,
and arguing over some other great photographs, photographers, or the demise
of Leica Camera.

 You all helped to restore my health, but most importantly you restored in me
the love of photography that I had foolishly let lapse. I just wanted to let
you all, mentioned or not, know the value of this list.

Ted, I am going to go take pictures with my Leicas, which came out of their
early retirement performing flawlessly.

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth CT

(Marc; Email me your address and I'll send you the pictures of Deer Lake-20
years after.)