Subject: Re: [Leica] Which one is the Leica?
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

Given a scan and JPEG image download, no, I can't tell which goes with
what camera. A large print (20x enlargement) would likely do better at
differentiating them. With the sky so different and the exposure slightly
different, it's hard to determine whether you have the Tessar's
chaacteristic corner light falloff or not.

Web pictures can be great but a great camera and lens can easily provide
only the quality of a medium quality camera and lens ... the resolution
and response range of the digital medium is the limiting factor.

See my page at
 <http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/AlfaRomeos/TZ-AID/AR-TZ.html>
for an interesting comparison of this sort. Five pictures, taken with a
Rolleiflex TLR and a Minox EC ... Both are excellent cameras and lenses,
but one is a 60x60mm format and the other is 8x11mm. Can you determine
which is which and tell me why you thought so? (There is a key linked to
the page... ;)

Godfrey