Subject: Re: [Leica] re: low light softness + 300mm Tamron
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:02:30 -0300

I have owned a Tamron 300 2.8 and found it to be a fine performer at par
with the 400mm 5.6 Telyt I had.  It was not as good though as my 280 2.8
APO Telyt or 400 2.8 APO Telyt.  I think the APO correction really makes a
difference in the contrast and colour saturation of the slides.  I think
Neal stated his 300mm Tamron was an F4 or so, probably a older lens than
the 300 2.8.

Regards,

Robert