Subject: RE: [Leica] 100% Viewfinders (and a bit of OT sport)
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:33:57 +0100

Alex,
I read once, and I cannot remember exactly where, though I've a feeling it
was in an American photographic magazine review, that the M viewfinders are
amongst the most accurate there are, i.e., around 98 percent. I believe
also that the Leicaflex models used to feature this in their advertising
that coverage showed exactly what would be seen through a slide mount,
i.e., after deducting a millimetere on each side of the frame.
Of course for those of us who print whole frame 35mm including the rebate
(to get that nice black frame around the picture) that's not as relevant as
we could wish, but then having used Leicas since the age of 18, (22 yrs)
I've not been overly disappointed either.

My worst experience was spending an enjoyable day on a vast beach at
Southport, working with a Pen-W camera (1/2 frame 'W'ide angle) to find
that every shot had a crooked horizon, the frame mask in the viewfinder was
out of alignment!

best regards,
Jem