Subject: Re: [Leica] I am about to buy a Minilux
From: Aaron Ruby <aruby@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:12:12 -0400

Jerald:

I'm a relative newbie in the world of LUG, but I'd recommend checking out
the Ricoh GR1. I've had one for almost two years and it is amazing. Very
sharp 28/2.8 lens, exposure compensation, program and aperture priority
modes, the list goes on. Enough control to get the shot the way you want
while remaining elegant and uncluttered. The camera is very quiet, small,
and finished mostly with metal rather than plastic. It's also reasonably
priced. In fact, although I'm not sure, I think the lens in the GR1 is the
same formula as the Ricoh 28 made for Leica (screwmount or M?). At any
rate, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Remember, it doesn't ALWAYS have
to be Leica to be good. . . just most of the time.

Best,

Aaron Ruby