Subject: [Leica] Re: White Stuff for the Numbers on Lenses
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 99 12:52:12 +1000

"Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure I understand why the numbers have to be refreshed.  By the time
>they wear off, haven't you learned to recognize the lens on sight?

1.  To add @ $AUS 200 to the resale value

2.  Because I tend to prefocus by distance scale, rather
    than through the viewfinder (which I only use for
    composition, quick final focus adjust).

3.  Because I like to be able to see what aperture I set
    the lens at.

BTW, I wish I had found out about paint-sticks earlier!  Sheesh,
nothing like that available in Australia.  :?(

I found the *exact* Microtools URL for them to be:

<http://www.micro-tools.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Micro-Tools&
Product_Code=LS-KIT&Category_Code=PAI>

(enter it all as one line.)

Regds,