Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: White Stuff for the Numbers on Lenses
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:17:18 -0400

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

>Andrew wrote:
>
> I have had to refresh these numbers for most of the 2nd
> hand R lenses I've bought - so I've got a bit of experience
> in doing this.

I'm not sure I understand why the numbers have to be refreshed.  By the
time
they wear off, haven't you learned to recognize the lens on sight?

  -- Anthony

Anthony,

Andrew hasn't learned to recognize the missing aperture, distance and DOF
markings on a 2nd-hand lens he's just bought.  I doubt I could either.

Doug Herr
Sacramento