Subject: RE: [Leica] low light kit
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:45 +0100 (BST)

Jem Kime wrote:

> You got a great deal, I'm sure. Speaking personally, I love
> 'cosmetically challenged' lenses and cameras, in fact I'd like to start
> a home for retired Leicas, but the pockets won't stand it!

You'd probably hate what Solms did to your old M4-2, then. I gave it to
them for the free check up they offer at the Akademie, they produced a
*huge* list of work that they wanted to do on it, and a quote that was so
ridiculously low I couldn't refuse.

The list of new items they fitted is truly astonishing. :-)

David Morton