Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm Noctilux
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:33 +0100 (BST)

Jem Kime wrote:

> If you recall; the gist of Bill Rosauers conversation with Leica's new
> CEO revealed that there are new surprises in store in the wide angle
> department.
> Canon have this 24/1.4 lens don't they? I had thought that might be a
> target to reproduce, or better!

Given that the M excels in the wide angle department, and looking at the
lens range as a whole, the one thing that *really* stands out is the lack
of fast lenses wider than 35mm. Once you go wider than that, you're stuck
at f2.8.

As I've said several times on this list, I'd *love* to see a 24mm ASPH
Summicron (I'd love a 24mm ASPH Summilux even more, but I'm not holding my
breath for that one).

David Morton