Subject: Re: [Leica] Obtaining Color Prints
From: "KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:12:16 -0500

You ought to look into a slide scanner and epson printer.  I scan my slides
on an Olympus ES-10 scanner, fairly inexpensive for scanning and print them
on an Epson inkjet printer (Photo 1200).  Using the epson photo glossy paper
and the software supplied with my scanner, I can get great looking prints.
To maximize the prints to page I paste all of the prints into my microsoft
powerpoint program, then print.  I have experimented with other papers and
the Epson (for me) seems to give the nearest prints to "cibachrome" as I've
seen.  It works fine.  I spray these with a protective clear spray and give
em to my wife to put in a book or to my daughter to chew on (she's 18 mths).
!  This is a great combination for making your 'prints' at home!  If you
have a slide that you're in love with and want larger than 8x10, go for the
traditional cibachrome route or consider intranegatives... best of luck.
Kent