Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome processing
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:05:55 -0400

Jim Brick wrote:

> The reason you've never tried to process it is because you cannot
> personally
> process Kodachrome.
>
> >You can
> >always crank up the colors in Photoshop if you want brighter
> than life ...
> >I've never tried to process it, A&I does a fine job for me :-))
> >
> >Jonathan Borden

	The ":-))" is called an emoticon. Emoticons have come into usage as a
mechanism to express subtleties when otherwise using text based internet
e-mail. This particular emoticon can be better understood if you turn your
head 90 degrees with respect to the screen while looking at it. Many people
have noticed that this appears to be a "smiley face". The reason that I
added it to the end of the sentence which starts "I've never tried to
process it..." was to indicate that since it must be processed at an
outside, usually mail order lab, the fact that it is difficult to process is
of no consequence to me, as the lab I use does a fine job. As you note,
there are other labs which also do a fine job of processing Kodachrome. Most
people who do photograph frequently, and who have had needed to quickly
process film do know that E-6 labs are more numerous and hence use an E-6
film for such occasions.

All the best,

Jonathan Borden