Subject: [Leica] Re: CLA intervals
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:38:43 -0700

I'm from the school "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Perhaps I'm lucky.
But I have never sent anything in for anything unless it wasn't working
properly. Since 1976, many R cameras and lenses, used relentlessly,
Hasselblad, now M cameras as well, I've never had a Hasselblad fail, never
had an R camera fail, had one sticky diaphragm in an R lens, knocked an M6
RF out of alignment once, froze an R-lens f/stop ring by dropping ice cream
on it. That's basically the history of sending camera equipment in.

I have seen more grief by colleagues, AFTER something was supposed to have
been fixed. So I'm not going to tempt the repair folks by allowing them to
mess with my perfectly working equipment. No matter how long I've been
using it. Sometimes stuff just settles-in, becomes happy, and works forever.

Jim