Subject: [Leica] Re: Decisive Moment Translated
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:27:11 -0700

I believe that the "Decisive Moment" is simply luck. If you stop and think
about it, you see what you want and you press the shutter. By the time your
reflexes react and the mechanics of the camera go off, it is no longer what
you saw. It is a moment later. So when you look at the perfectly timed
photograph, either you had clairvoyance, or the luck gods were with you.

I also believe that, with practice, your luck factor will improve. Call it
a sixth sense or whatever, I believe that you can push the odds in your
favor. Good sports photographers do this all the time.

Some people are masters at this art. I believe that Decisive Moment
clairvoyance has been Ted's forte for a long time.

Jim