Subject: Re: [Leica] Problem loading film om Paterson spirals
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:24:30 -0700 (PDT)

This is funny. I just last week became exasperated loading my old and
battered SS reels for the last time, had the distinct pleasure of loading
a Patterson reel in 1/10 the time. When I went to buy new tanks and reels
I went with Jobo due to the more flexible Jobo tank system, but I find
them eminently easier to manage with then my ancient SS reels and tanks.

> I have come to the conclusion that it is caused by the adverse wind of the
> film in the take up spool and that the film needs around 12 hours or so back
> in its cassette to recover.

I don't know what you mean by this. Leica uses the same load path in their
cameras that my Nikons, Rolleis and other 35mm cameras use. I have no
problems with any of them.

Godfrey