Subject: RE: [Leica] Expensive Anthony (and others).
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:59:02 +0200

> This is incorrect.  Many e-mail programs (including Outlook Express, the free
> program that I use) will allow you to filter e-mail messages _before_ they are
> downloaded, based only on the headers.

No, POP3 doesn't allow that. Only IMAP4 and POP3EXTND would but most ISPs don't
implement these protocols. So client applications adopt a conservative postion
by downloading the whole message before discarding it. Give it a try.

BTW Anthony, could you please consult the archives before asking questions that
have been discussed so often here (holes in shutter, what is a CLA, street
shooting,...)

Regards,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)