Subject: [Leica] Silverfast scanning software upgrades
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:49:37 +0100

Hi digital LUGnuts

I see that the German firm, Lasersoft, have now launched the next
generation of Silverfast scanning software - version 4 with all sorts of
extra bells and whistles.

You can find them at:

http://www.lasersoftint.com/

I've used version 3 of this software for both my Nikon neg scanner and a
Microtek E6 flatbed, tho' they support a lot of other makes.

Cheap it ain't, but it does produce excellent scans with the minimum of effort.

Question:

Anyone out there used version 4 yet?

If so, are the extras worth it? Free upgrades are still available for
version 3, but version 4 upgrades cost you money.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall