Subject: Fiber base paper in a Jobo (Re: [Leica] Darkroom Equipment)
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:08:57 -0400

I have done fiber based paper in a Jobo. The nice part is that the
paper doesn't get wrinkled from repeated handling. HOWEVER:
your drum needs to be absolutely dry when you load the paper.
That means an extra step and extra time between prints or an
additional drum set up. Then too, you do not see the results until
you've completed the entire process - you'll need to go through an
entire develop-stop-some fixing for a test strip, then clean and dry
the drum. If you plan on toning, you won't be able to tone by
inspection and you have to be especially scrupulous in cleaning
out the lift (if you have one) as well as the drum components.
Otherwise, residual toner will stain the next print developed.

All in all, after a few days of developing prints in a Jobo, I went
back to the trays.

For washing, I begin with Heico Permawash for two minutes then
an hour wash in a Zone VI washer. For drying, fiberglass screens
have worked fine, but after a batch of RC prints, I spray the screens
with undiluted bleach (Clorox) then hose them down to kill any
residual fixer that may have adhered to the mesh.

Roy