Subject: Re: [Leica] Curtain problem or what? Need your help!
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:20:28 +0200

From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 22:45

> I would send mine in regularly - every 10 years or so
> ought to do it.

Oh, well, that's not so bad.

> Frankly, I'm a little nervous about suggesting these
> things to you, as you've shown a distressing tendency
> to obsess over stuff like this :-)

I want things to _just work_.

> I normally just check the shutter speeds every year
> or two ...

Don't you need special equipment to check a shutter accurately?

Is there some reason why an M6 shutter would fall out of adjustment?  I don't
recall ever having to test shutter speeds on F bodies (Nikon), and they were
fully mechanical, as I recall.  (The F5 shutter is self-adjusting, if adjustment
is required.)

  -- Anthony