Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:perceptions
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:53:34 -0700

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
><Snip> ous.
>
> I almost never photograph people at all, much less children specifically, for
> the reasons discussed in this thread.  People always assume the worst.  I'd love
> to be able to photograph people, but since just holding a camera makes me a
> suspect, that isn't possible.
>
>   -- Anthony

The first few years I had my Voigtlander at 13 I would shoot snowdrifts and fill
up my Parents crystal with colored water lighted up from antique slide
projectors dusted off from the basement. It was the mid Sixties and photography
was perceived of I thought as something to the kin of sniffing glue in your
basement and playing with  you little chemistry set; Nerdy.
Then Blowup came out and the Photographers image was transformed from Nerd to Cool-guy.
Now we are not longer Cool-guys but just a bunch of perverts or paparazzi.
Affirmation technique: I'm not a pervert I'm a cool-guy! I'm not a pervert I'm a
cool-guy! I'm not a pervert I'm a cool-guy! I'm not a Nerd I'm a cool-guy! I'm
not a Nerd I'm a cool-guy! or gal.
Mark Rabiner