Subject: RE: [Leica] 'street photography'
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:22:26 +0100

Ian,
the book stores in Norwich were subject to my scrutiny a few weeks ago, I
came away with some lovely stuff.
'A Day Off' by Tony Ray Jones, the hardback for 6 GBP(!), I'd bought the
softback on release in '74, I can't think how or why, as I hadn't even got
my Zorki then, only an Ilford Sportsman! I would only have been 15 or 16 at
the time.
'The Palestinians' by Don McCullin (and Jonathan Dimbleby) for only
2.50(!!), a very strong book of pictures from the 70's.
and
'This Is The American Earth', the epitome of Adams and Nancy Newhall's
collaborations, the newish version reprinted by the Sierra Club a few years
back, spectacular print quality.

I would have liked to have stumbled across one of P.H.Emerson's original
photographic volumes, he being from that area, but I think those days are
long gone. The only bookseller who had sold one recently told me it was
sold the following day for 3000 !

Best regards, and happy book hunting in your neck of the woods,

Jem